Effective Date: 10/1/2017
Gabrielle von Stephens
Sonoma, Ca. 95476
SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
This Site is targeted for use by adults only. We do not currently market to or create special areas for use by children. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect age identifying information, nor do we knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13 years. However, we hereby advise all visitors to our Site under the age of 13 not to disclose or provide any Personal Information on our Site. In the event that we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (please see the Federal Trade Commission’s website at www.ftc.gov/privacy/privacyinitiatives/childrens.html for more information about this Act), we will delete the child’s Personal Information from our files to the extent technologically possible.
Personal Information About You We Collect Directly from You
We, collect your Personal Information when you provide it to us when you interact with us directly through the Site, such as when you send us an email, or when you provide information to one of our certified PCA Skin specialists. The Personal Information we may collect and maintain about you includes, but is not limited to:
• Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone numbers;
• Your aesthetic and cosmetic needs;
• Credit/Debit card and payment information;
• Transaction information, such as items viewed, purchased, returned or exchanged, and the date and time of transactions;
• Demographic information, such as your age, gender, profession, income level and education level; and
• Information you share through ratings and reviews you may submit.
With regard to medical information: We do not require individuals to provide any personal medical information to us online, and we ask that you NOT share medical information about you or anyone else with us. Information you provide is NOT protected under confidentiality laws that protect physician-patient communications. Please carefully select what you choose to disclose.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information procured and maintained above for things that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including but not limited to authorizing a purchase, and completing a transaction that you have requested;
• To respond to your inquiries;
• To allow you to take online courses or register for live seminars;
• Provide customer services and resolve any complaints;
• To respond to ratings or reviews you may have provided;
• For product safety purposes, such as communicating safety information to you or reporting an adverse event; Communicate with you regarding certain products, services or promotions offered by us or our Partners, provided that you have not already opted out of receiving such communications;
• Cross-reference with other Personal Information that we have acquired about you or may acquire about you through other sources;
• Improve our Site and resolve any technical problems;
• For research and development;
• Analyze the use of Site and information about visitors to our Site to understand and improve our service offerings and, in accordance with our sharing policies, discussed below, to produce anonymous or aggregated data and statistics that might help third parties develop their own products and service offerings;
• Customize the content you see when you visit the Site, including to develop and provide advertising and promotional information tailored to your interests. This may include what is known as online behavioral advertising, in which you may see ads promoting our products and services when visit other websites on the internet or you may receive promotional emails based on your browsing and shopping history. Depending on your browser, you should be able to stop such ads if you do not wish to see them by clearing the cookies from your browser.
• Comply with any applicable laws and regulations; and
• For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
We may provide your information to government officials and agencies as required by law or as deemed prudent, and Partners as part of business operations.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
• Third Party Service Providers. In some cases we may employ third party service providers as Partners, including, but not limited to, third party payment processors, to perform certain services on our behalf, including, without limitation: (i) processing and fulfilling your orders; (ii) providing customer service; (iii) shipping, sending postal mail and e-mails; (iv) analyzing, updating and correcting information we receive on the Site; (v) performing business analysis, data processing and/or quality control; (vi) providing marketing assistance, search results and links (including, without limitation, paid listings and links); (vii) processing credit card and debit card payments; (viii) hosting our databases; and (ix) providing you with information you requested. Consequently, we may share your Personal Information with these third party service provider Partners if they need it to perform services on our behalf. However, such third party service provider Partners are not authorized by us to use your Personal Information for any other purpose.
• Business Transfers. Your Personal Information may be transferred, sold or otherwise conveyed (“Conveyed”) to a third party where we: (i) merge with or are acquired by another business entity; (ii) sell all or substantially all of our assets; (iii) are adjudicated bankrupt or (iv) are liquidated or otherwise reorganize. You consent to any and all such Conveyances of your Personal Information.
HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we use appropriate industry-standard procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Information. However, in today’s world you should assume that no data transmitted over the Internet, kept in electronic systems or even kept on paper can ever be 100% secure. Therefore, although we believe the measures implemented by us reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information or private communications will always remain private.
If you believe that your username or password has been stolen, you are required to notify us right away so that necessary measures can be taken.
HOW LONG WE KEEP USER INFORMATION
We generally keep user data on our server or in our archives for as long as we reasonably need it. We may alter this practice according to changing requirements. For example, we may delete some data if needed to free up storage space. We may keep other data for longer periods if the law requires it or if we determine it is in our business interests to do so. In addition, information posted in a public forum could stay in the public domain indefinitely.
Requests for information are administered in an orderly manner to the extent feasible where information is within our direct control. Please note that we have greater control over recently collected data than over archived data. Once data is removed from the system and archived, it may not be feasible to accommodate specific requests. In those cases, our general data retention policy applies and such data is maintained for as long as we reasonably need it.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER
The Site is operated in the United States. If you are located in Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that some or all of the information we collect will be transferred to and processed by us or our Partners in the United States. By using the Site, or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
DO NOT TRACK
Some web browsers allow you to transmit a “do-not-track” signal to websites with which the browser communicates. We are not currently able to process these “do-not-track” signals.
ACCESS AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
If you believe that any Personal Information collected and maintained by us about you is not correct or has changed, please send an e-mail message to explaining the correction or change. We also may provide web pages or other mechanisms through which you can correct or update the Personal Information we have collected and maintained.
In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information you have submitted through the Site. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information.
If you ask us to delete your information, we will do so within a reasonable period of time. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
While on the Site or when viewing an e-mail or other content provided by us or the Site, you may encounter links to other websites operated by third parties. These other websites may set their own cookies, collect data or have their own privacy policies and practices. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such third party websites and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these sites as soon as you enter them. Links to any third party website or content do not constitute or imply an endorsement or recommendation by us of the linked website or content.
If you access our Website from a social networking site or use the social media icons on our Site, you should read and accept the terms and conditions and privacy policies of those social media sites. Most social media sites collect and store information about you, which may include the fact that you visited our Site, liked our Facebook page (for example) or follow our brand on Twitter.
IF YOU HAVE A PRIVACY QUESTION
If you have a privacy question about our Site and/or services, please e-mail: Customer Service at email@example.com or write us at
Sonoma, Ca. 95476
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy concern.